We have been touched by how many of our IPs from around the world, including from the Ukraine and Russia, have taken action regarding the crisis in the Ukraine and reached out offering further support. Having spoken to many of you over the past weeks, we wanted to take a moment to share our thoughts and approach with our employees and IP community.
Our hearts go out to the many people affected by this war and other conflicts across the globe. The impact on personal lives is devastating and we are motivated to do what we can to help. Our purpose includes to “help the world advance”, and as such a-connect has made a sizable financial donation as well as donating supplies to the refugee relief effort. In addition, many of our employees have made individual donations, whether it is financial, material or accommodation to those displaced in their flight to safety. Several people have asked where they can donate, so we have compiled a starter list of organizations supported by some of our colleagues. The list is pasted below in case you are looking for a place to start.
We are currently not serving any clients in the Ukraine, Russia or Belarus. We have strict guidelines and policies regarding our client work to ensure it is consistent with our values and purpose. We will continue to apply them going forward, just like we have done during the last 20 years. As a firm, we continue to assess the situation and monitor the impact for IPs on our existing projects, and will work directly with you if there are potential areas of concern, such as project-related travel.
Please feel free to reach out if there is anything that you would like to discuss with us in our approach or relative to your own situation.
With best regards,
The a-connect team
Humanitarian aid (global reach, including targeted aid for the Ukraine)
- The UN Refugee Agency, which supports and protects refugees and forcibly displaced communities across the globe and also has a dedicated site for the Ukraine
- Doctors without Borders, providing life-saving medical humanitarian care
- Save the Children, which has a Children’s Emergency Fund that supports children in the Ukraine
Humanitarian aid (specific to the Ukraine)
- The Ukrainian Red Cross
- Global Giving Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund, which provides shelter, food and clean water to Ukrainian refugees
- Vostok SOS, a local Ukrainian NGO that has provided humanitarian aid in the region since 2014 and accepts credit card payments through its German partner organization
- Ukraine Relief Fund, various initiatives and partnerships from UBS
Accommodation for refugees
In case you have a room to spare, please consider hosting through:
- Support Ukraine in Switzerland
- Refugees at Home in the UK
- UkrainetakeShelter (global, independent platform connecting hosts and refugees)
- Ukraine Now (global, independent platform connecting hosts and refugees)
- Host a refugee through AirBnB’s refugee program (global)