Tobias supported a Kuwait HQd logistics company on integrating two smaller companies and designing the strategy and business model for the new organization. He describes his experience from first time working with a-connect as well as key lessons learned from the project.
- How did you work with a-connect on this project, and what worked well?
After a brief call with a-connect and the joint understanding that both my expertise and skill set is of value to the client, my profile was shared with the client. After a call with the project owner, the client decided to work with me and a week later the project started. Prior to the project, a-connect shared with me additional information about the client and equipped me with various supportive tools such as PowerPoint templates, Statista access, etc. Throughout the entire project, a-connect was very supportive and dedicated to ensuring the best possible support.
- What would you do differently?
Obviously, every project has its own dynamics. Due to the current situation in the world and its implication on day-to-day logistic operations, the priority of the top management and the country CEOs deviated slightly. The country CEOs focus on their daily core business, while the group management aimed to prepare the company’s 5-year growth plan. In hindsight, I would have tried to find a common group between the different client stakeholders earlier to enable a joint understanding of the tasks and milestones to achieve it.
- What impact do you feel we had on the client?
The joint work helps the client to achieve three things:
- Understanding there is a sizable market opportunity and the window of capturing this business is closing in the coming month / years
- Formulating a joint understanding what the company aims to achieve in the next five years
- Assessing key requirements to achieve the ambitious growth targets
- What have you learned as a result of this project?
The project resulted into various learnings. Firstly, as mentioned, try to align the objective among the stakeholders. Secondly, make sure that everybody is equally committed to achieve the common objective because they believe it’s worth the effort.
- What advice would you give to the other consultants embarking on a similar project?
Try to quickly understand the dynamics within the client and the unique challenges each stakeholder faces within their area of responsibility.
- Is there anything else that you would like to add?
Working with a-connect is excellent. The projects a-connect is working on are challenging, exciting and fun at the same time. In addition, a-connect is very dedicated and professional to support the expert / consultant and help to thrive and achieve the best possible project outcome.